The end of the year is not only an important time for recognition, but also the ideal time of year to review our favorite posts from the year!
Now presenting, our 10 favorite blog posts from 2010! (in no particular order)
1. Recognition TV Summaries. We introduced monthly educational webisodes to our content offering this year. Each presenter posted his or her ideas on the blog. These are some of our best articles from the year. You don’t want to miss them!
2. Choose a Recognition Program that will Inspire, not Backfire. Allison shares the sad, but true, story of a previous job where the espresso maker won Employee of the Month. She shares tips for effective recognition programs.
3. 8 Steps to Writing a Meaningful Thank You Note for Employee Appreciation Day. Even though this post focuses on Employee Appreciation Day, handwritten thank you notes are important all year round!
4. Volunteer Appreciation uses Essential Piece Theme for Special Event Success. This was a fan favorite! Recognition themes are popular for special events, and one of our customers shared the details of her Essential Piece volunteer appreciation event.
5. Employee Recognition can be as Easy as a High Five. Get recognition ideas that keep things simple in your organization.
6. How to Get More Recognition at Work. Maybe you’re a strong advocate of recognition in the workplace, but your boss…not so much. This post offers suggestions on how to make some subtle – and not so subtle – hints.
7. Have More Fun at Work. Because we can all benefit from having a little more fun !
8. Customer Service Week Ideas. Customer Service Week is an important recognition celebration at Baudville, and we hope you celebrate your frontline employees during this week and all year round with these ideas!
9. Celebrate Boss’s Day! Boss’s Day is a holiday that is often overlooked. After all, our bosses are usually the ones giving recognition. Add October 16 to your calendar now, and don’t forget to thank your boss!
10. Four Things to Know When Ordering an Award Trophy. Trophies are common at the end of the year when many organizations have holiday parties and award ceremonies. Bookmark this blog post now because it will come in handy throughout the year, too!
What were your favorite blog posts from the year? Tell us in the comments!