May is an important time of year to recognize healthcare staff. National Nurses Week is May 6-12 and National Hospital Week is May 8-12. How will you recognize your healthcare staff?
Celebrating National Nurses Week and National Hospital Week doesn’t have to be expensive. Here are five free and low cost ways to express your appreciation during these recognition weeks.
1. Casual Day. Let employees throughout the company come to work casual and in their corporate gear: t-shirts, polos, and hats. Employees love being able to wear jeans to work, and it doesn’t cost you anything!
2. Send an ePraise. Send a personal note during National Nurses Week and National Hospital Week expressing your appreciation for the individual’s contribution to the team. A personal note is a sincere and meaningful way to express appreciation, and you can send one for free via email with ePraise.
3. Hand Out Snack Packs. It doesn’t take much to put together individual snack bags for the nurses on your staff. Compile snack size bags of crackers, fruit snacks, and nuts in a gift bag. Attach a gift tag and present to everyone on your team! The snacks will be appreciated throughout the day and give everyone a boost of energy.
4. Play a Game. You can easily coordinate a game for the cafeteria to take place during breaks. Set up a bean bag toss or Minute to Win It game. Have a tablet of paper nearby so staff and record their score and track the performance of their peers. Or print out a puzzle staff can complete during their lunch. Enter all correct puzzles in a drawing for a prize.
5. Make them Smile with Print and Posts. Download our free National Nurses Week Print and Posts to make your entire staff smile! Simply download and print out the PDF. Then cut out the individual sentiments, and tape them throughout the building where nurses will see them. You can put them on lockers, doors, the microwave, and refrigerator. The fun sayings are guaranteed to make them smile!
For more National Nurses Week and National Hospital Week appreciation ideas, visit these articles in our Recognition Resource Center:
The Best National Nurses Week Celebration
Hospital Implements Employee Appreciation Ideas for Successful Week-Long Celebration
Big Staff Recognition, Little Cost for One Pediatric Hospital
Five Ways to Appreciate Teachers and Nurses
Cori is Baudville's in-house Recognitionista (she's officially a Certified Recognition Professional, too) and a member of the Millennial generation. Get her employee recognition tips and special discounts by liking Baudville on Facebook.