Did you see the opening ceremonies on Friday night? Wow! What an amazing way to start the 2012 Summer Olympics! My favorite part was the lighting of the Olympic torch. It was so cool to see David Beckham flying down the Thames River with the torch at the bow! And how about those fireworks? London certainly provides a beautiful backdrop for the Olympic games.
Over the weekend, the first gold medal of the games was awarded to Yi Siling of China in the women's 10-meter air rifle, and that was only the beginning of the excitement. There were many memorable moments, such as Kim Rhode winning her fifth consecutive gold medal and Ryan Lochte's gold medal finish in the men's 400 IM event. What has been your favorite Olympic moment so far? Tell me in the comments!
We are excited to announce the first of the Baudville Games winners, too! Taking home the gold in Rubber Band Archery is Great River Health Systems!
Will Great River Health Systems' momentum from the big win propel them into week two or will an underdog upset them? There’s only one way to find out!
Continue the excitement from this weekend’s kick off with the second event in our Baudville Games
. This week, test your skills with Binder Clip Diving! Once again, you have all the supplies already in your office to compete in this event.
How to Play Binder Clip Diving:
1. Collect two binder clips for each player and clip each pair together at the openings.
2. Fill a cup with water and set it on the floor under a table or ledge.
3. With two players squaring off, one at a time, players will push their divers from the edge of the table or ledge, aiming for the cup. Score one point for each dive that makes it in the water.
4. After each player takes a turn, move the cup further away from the edge to increase difficulty.
5. The player with the most points after three rounds is the winner.
Take a picture of your team in action and submit it for a chance to win $200 Baudville credit by emailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Then visit our Facebook page
, like your photo, and encourage your friends to like it, too! If your image has the most likes on Friday, you’ll take home the gold!
May the odds be ever in your favor.
Cori is Baudville's in-house Recognitionista (she's officially a Certified Recognition Professional, too) and a member of the Millennial generation. Get her employee recognition tips and special discounts by liking Baudville on Facebook.